Sunday, November 18, 2007

mo-induced depression

wow, I really did drop the ball on the whole "posting everyday" thing, huh!

Sorry about that, I've been a little distracted lately though. I do have a good reason though - remember last week how it was my birthday? Well, another significant even happened too...

I proposed to my girlfriend, and she said yes.

I had about 20ish of my closest friends at my local pub for the celebration. We bought the birthday cake out, everyone sang, and I did the whole "say a few words", and thanked everyone for coming, telling them all how special they are to me, then directed the praise towards my girlfriend, and twisted it into a proposal! I was so nervous at the time, I honestly couldn't tell you what I said, but I do remember my brain saying to me "stop rambling, just bloody ask the question!". I asked, she said yes, we hugged, everyone cheered.

But, I guess this is a MOvember related blog, so back to the mo'.....

I, and others around me, are starting to hit a Mo wall. The first week or so the novelty of seeing what everyone was doing hit hard, and it was all laughs, watching everyone's progression. But now most of the guys at my work have a fairly decent mo, and it appears as thought they won't get much more than where they're at, and a lot of us are getting antsy. Personally, I'm starting to look beyond MOvember, and seeing what the future holds. I had a beard when I started, so will I go back to that? Will I keep the handlebars? Will I ever go clean-shaven again? Have I found another look that I'm starting to like? Who really did shoot Mr. Burns? Those questions and more, after the break....

No comments: