Thursday, November 8, 2007

Everybody Loves Ray-- uhh, i mean, Bogans

I got a comment in my previous entry about the "Hitler Moustache", which Julia posted to a Vanity Fair article (which also has the same image I used. Hmmm ... I wonder if they search for material with Google Images too?). In the article, the writer decided to grow a Hitler Moustache as an experiment while talking about Hitler (to be honest, I didn't read the whole thing, so I don't know what the conclusion was), but over the last day or two with discussions from others, as well as seeing other Mo-Bros and their progression, there's another that hits the list.

The Handlebar Moustache.

It's the mo' that is pretty much associated with bogans and bikies. Yet, I think I have a theory that given the chance, every man would like one. I know nobody with a handlebar (mind you, I live down the road from a Harley shop, so I see my fair share each day), yet in the past week, they're everywhere. I'm sporting one this month, and I know a few other mates doing the same. Another friend of mine noted that there's about 5 guys in his company sporting them too, so now his staff meetings are more like a H-Block reunion party than a business conference.

So, I wish to throw out a challenge to my Mo Bros - after MOvember, I say hang onto that handlebar moustache. Wear it thick and with pride.

It's time to take the handlebar back.

PS
Sponsor Me!

No comments: